We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

Glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

Hi,

I am travelling into Spain for the first time and need some help. May I know what's the best way to get from Madrid to Cordoba?Is it easier that way or is it better from Madrid to Granada? How many days should I spend in Madrid and how many days in Cordoba and Granada?

Or do you suggest that I just stick to Granada, Cordoba and Seville?

I am planning on a 4 nights 5 days trip to Spain...

Hope anyone can help me out.

Thanks!!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

Madrid to Córdoba is very easy and quick on the AVE. Book online in advance and cheaper fares are available:

www.renfe.es

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,310 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online in TA.

For 5 days you should skip one of those cities. You do not have enough time.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

Hi There

I just did my first trip to Spain (but spent 5 weeks!) I caught the AVE from Madrid to Cordoba? Only leaves from the Attocha train station. The train station in cordoba is away from the mesquita and the bulk of the hotels/pensions so you'll need to find you way by local bus.

You could get away with just one day in Cordoba but you want at least 3 in Madrid.

We went to madrid, cordoba and seville. Seville was the most amazing place - tapa's and music...divine.

To fit in 3 places (without getting exhaustion) I'd suggest you try to saty 7 days. The travelling between towns will eat up anything from 3-4 hours per trip (finding train station, booking tickets, waiting for train, catching tranpsort to hotels, finding hotels, booking in etc).

4. Re: Travelling from Madrid to Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 01, 2010