We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

HK
2 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

Hi, this forum has provided a lot of useful info to me!

But I wonder how can the bus ticket be arranged from Cordoba to Madrid, because I noticed that not everyday has the bus from the bus company:

http://www.secobus.es

Do you know if it is really the case?

If yes, what would you recommend for the transport, by train?

----------------------------------------------------------

My original route is

Madrid - Servilla - Granada - Cordoba - Madrid

Muchas gracias!

Eva

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,641 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

You may find that the web site does not allow you to consult the times of buses TOO FAR in advance. People tend to make bus reservations just a few days before the journey. Check again nearer your travel date.

Also you have a 1 1/2 hours fat train AVE from Cordoba to Madrid: www.renfe.es They leave quite often. But obviously much more expensive than taking the bus.

HK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

Thanks for your reply!

I have more questions on my route with the cities,

which route do you think is better and why?

1. Madrid - Seville - Granada - Cordoba - Madrid

2. Madrid - Granada - Seville - Cordoba - Madrid

and how many days of staying would you recommend for visiting Seville and Granada?

(I plan to book the room for the first night I arrive coz the bus takes

a couple of hours to get to the cities)

Muchas gracias!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,641 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

Either itinerary is good. Or you could travel for first night to Cordoba then on to Seville then across to Granada then return to Madrid direct from Granada.

Useful web sites: MADRID bus station is "Estacion Sur de Autobuses"

www.estaciondeautobuses.com Site in Spanish but includes map showing location of bus station.

http://www.continental-auto.net/ - they are the bus company operating between Granada and Madrid (M.ALvaro) this is the same bus station SUR on Mendez Alvaro street. Takes over 5 hours including a stop.

You can also take a train from Granada to Madrid taking less time but more costly. Bus is cheap - costs about €16.

At Cordoba, you have not too far to walk or short taxi ride to the old city area near the Mezquita. The bus is next to the rail station. The train to Seville is either the AVE train that 'flies' from Madrid to Seville or the AVANT that 'flies' from Cordoba to Seville and is cheaper and very nice. Details of times on RENFE.

Jackson, MS
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

I just returned 2 weeks ago and this is what we did. Train from Madrid to Granada (4 hours), 1 full day in Granada is enough, then to Cordoba by bus (Alsinas line for 12 euros) was a 2 hour drive, spend the day in Cordoba, then the train to Sevilla (30 minutes), I recommend 2 days minimum or 3 if you can, then the train to Toledo via Madrid (90 euros), 1 day/night in Toledo, then train to Madrid (12 euros). The bus is cheaper but slower so if you want more time in the city instead of on the road, I suggest the train.

5. Re: Bus from Cordoba to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 11, 2009