We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

Montreal
1 post
Save Topic
travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

Hi,

I'll be travelling from cordoba to granada on around the 23-May and am debating the bus vs train. Bus seems to be much cheaper but the online service just isn't happening and it looks to be a 3 1/2 to 4hr bus trip with lots of stops, the train on the other hand is around 2 1/2 hours.

I see lots of posts about travel to granda and connections through this station called bobadilla, is this always the case? It looks like Cordoba to Granada is a direct line.

Also, how about from Granada to Sevilla the following day? Is bus a better option?

Thanks for your help!

nottingham
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

Hi

I'm doing the same trip and likewise have found the Alsina Graells website les than consistent (or helpful). Today it appears as if there is a direct bus taking 2hrs 40mins leaving Granada at 10.30 - last return everyday appears to be at 19.00, with a later one at 20.00 on Fridays.

Trains not a lot quicker really

Good luck

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,618 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

I believe that Spanish Railways have already opened new track from Cordoba to Antequera and this will continue on to Malaga. It is for the high speed trains that one day will be able to whisk passengers from Malaga to Madrid in no time at all. Like the Seville to Madrid line does now.

The route for the train from Madrid to Granada does (I believe) utilise this new route and therefore you can now take a train from Madrid at 11.35 and reach Granada at 16.08 - Without having any published stops.

The earlier Madrid to Granada train that leaves Madrid at 07.35 stops at Cordoba at 09.45 and reaches Granada at 12.15. This one stops at Antequera.

Then there is a late train that leaves Cordoba at 21.05 and gets into Granada at 23.33.

Bobadilla is a famous 'junction' where trains always used to travel through to get from say Malaga to Granada. Or from say Algeciras to Seville. Depending on the direction of travel and the implementation of the new rail line south of Cordoba to Malaga, then Bobadilla may not 'come into play'.

An alternative online bus booking service that is normally OK is www.movelia.es

there will be some direct buses from Cordoba to Granada and others that will call into some of the towns in between.

Bus is usually cheaper and the bus station at Cordoba is adjacent to the railway station.

A map showing the lines in Andalucia is on here although I don't think it is updated for the high speed line between Cordoba and Antequera. renfe.es/mediadistancia/mapa_andalucia.html

renfe.es/mediadistancia/mapa_andalucia.html

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,618 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

Granada to Seville - if you are travelling by train to Granada then it makes sense to book a ticket for the Granada to Seville line. It takes more or less the same time (3 hours) as the bus and goes through countryside and in parts is more scenic.

The railway station in Granada is slightly closer to the centre in fact it is possible to walk if you're travelling light.

4. Re: travelling by bus or train from Granada to Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 01, 2009