We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost baggage

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brookfield Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lost baggage

Ten days in Spain without baggage! Now that I am home and not happy, could someone advise what should be my next step. The airline won't take my call, they still don't have my bag, they claim that it needs to be written. Nothing like having an assignment when returning from a trip. I loved Spain and I did tried not to allow this to control me. Saving for this special trip and then having at least 30 minutes a day on the phone, trying to purchase clothing in a country with different sizing (not knowing the language or having much experience with local streets made this a very frustrating experience). Flights were expensive in more than one way. What should I be expecting? Your travel knowledge helped with our trip, now I call upon you again for financial and emotional help. Thank you!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost baggage

I assume that you placed a missing luggage file before leaving the airport on arrival - without this many insurance companies will refuse to pay out.

No airline will deal with you by phone unless you have already made your complaint in writing.

Write all the details down, keep a copy of the letter for your own records, then send the original by Registered Mail to the Airline head office; in the letter give them a deadline for dealing with your complaint and say that if you do not have a stisfactory response by that date you will take legal action.

If you can get an email address for the airline send an email to say that your letter has been posted.

Good luck.

2. Re: Lost baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 30, 2009