We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2N Cordoba, Granada day trip OR 2N Granada, Cordoba daytrip?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2N Cordoba, Granada day trip OR 2N Granada, Cordoba daytrip?

Out of our 8 nights in Spain, we're planning to do:

2N Barcelona- to fly in and out of spain

1N Malaga- to start our driving trip in the morning

3N/2days Seville

which leaves 2 free nights (but 3 full days) for both Cordoba and Alhambra. I've decided not to change hotels too often, so I'm thinking of either doing Granada day trip or Cordoba day trip. I'm leaning towards doing Granada as a day trip and spend 2 nights in Cordoba, since I've read few posts now that Granada can be skipped if not for Alhambra. I'm drawn to the descriptions of Cordoba as a less touristy town, and that it has a more authentic feel than Granada. But I'm also worried of the possibility of getting 'bored' Cordoba.

Any opinions? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,178 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2N Cordoba, Granada day trip OR 2N Granada, Cordoba daytrip?

If it was me , I'd spend time in Granada and visit Cordoba as a day trip .

You could depart Seville , go to Cordoba for the day and on to Granada

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,750 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2N Cordoba, Granada day trip OR 2N Granada, Cordoba daytrip?

I agree with ab2pcs.

My suggestion:

1. Barcelona - 2 nights. Fly Vueling to Granada.

2. Granada - 2 nights. Take train to Seville.

3. Seville - 3 nights. Do a day trip to Cordoba by train.

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

For Barcelona:

Downtown Barcelona is the Plaza de Catalunya. Use Booking.com to screen hotels or apartments in Downtown Barcelona. A good place to stay is the Eixample, the modern barrio of the city built in the 19th and 20th centuries, with a square grid of streets. The Passeig de Gracia is the most elegant avenue, with upscale stores. Good shopping streets downtown are Portal de l’Angel, Portaferrisa and Pelayo.

El Corte Ingles is a large department store located at Plaza de Catalunya. Maremagnum is located by the port and is a mall that is open also on Sunday, when most shops are closed.

The most important sights are the Modernist sites, which are the Gaudi sites and the Lluis Domenech sites. Prebook the Sagrada Familia Basilica, the Palau de la Musica Catalana, Park Guell and the Picasso Museum. A day trip to Montserrat is suggested. Other must see sights: La Pedrera (Casa Mila), Casa Batllo, Palau Guell, Torre Bellesguard, Cathedral.

Good restaurants in the Eixample:

1. El Nacional (Passeig de Gracia, 24; Tel: 935-185-053) - A big building with a very beautiful and original interior design, with 5 restaurants and one long bar. Moderately priced.

2. La Palmera (Enric Granados, 57; Tel. 934-532-338) - A small family run restaurant with a very good tasting menu.

3. La Rita (Arago, 279; Tel: 934-872-376) - An attractive restaurant with an inexpensive menu of the day. Great food.

4. Cerveseria Catalana (Mallorca, 236; Tel: 932-160-368) - Very good tapas place.

For Granada:

For Alhambra Tickets (Book early- at least 2 months in advance):

https:/…

If you are too late in buying tickets for the date you want, you can try calling your hotel and ask them to buy tickets for you, since the Alhambra allocates tickets to hotels for their clients. If this fails, you can buy the Granada Card for 40 euros, which includes a ticket for the Alhambra.

Downtown Granada is Calle Reyes Catolicos. Use Booking.com to screen hotels and apartments in the Granada City Center. A good hotel downtown with parking is the Vincci Albayzin. Shopping streets are Calle Reyes Catolicos, Calle Zacatin, and Calle Recogidas. There is a large El Corte Ingles Department Store at Carrera de la Virgen, 20. The Alcaiceria is beside the Cathedral and has many shops.

Good restaurant: Restaurante Chikito (Plaza del Campillo, 9; Tel: 958-223-364) - A gastronomic restaurant that has won many prizes for its food. Reservations are a must.

For Seville:

Seville is one of the cities in Spain with the most charm. A very good hotel in Seville is the Hotel Becquer (which has a garage), walkable to most sights. Use Booking.com to look at other hotels.

Must see places in Seville:

1. Church of El Salvador - One of the most beautiful Baroque churches. The ticket from this church allows one to also see the Cathedral and one can skip the queue there.

2. Cathedral/Giralda Tower - The Cathedral is the third biggest church in Europe.

3. Alcazar - The palace rivals the Alhambra. See the King’s apartments.

4. Plaza de España - The most beautiful plaza in Spain.

5. Palacio de las Dueñas - This palace is beautiful and has just opened up for the public. This is the residence of the Duke of Alba. A wonderful place to see.

6. Casa de Pilatos - Beautiful palace with wonderful gardens. See the upstairs apartment.

7. Museo de Bellas Artes - One of the most important art museums in Spain.

8. Museum-Palace of the Countess of Lebrija - Has some of the best Roman mosaics in Spain. See the upstairs apartment.

A good flamenco place is Los Gallos (Plaza de Santa Cruz, 11). The main shopping streets are Calle Tetuan and Calle Sierpes. There is a large El Corte Ingles Department store at Plaza del Duque de la Victoria.

Good restaurants:

1. Cuna 2 (Calle Cuna, 2;Tel 954-211-107) - A large, elegant restaurant with traditional Andalusian decoration and with beautiful ceramic tiles lining the walls of the dining rooms. There is a beautiful bar at the top of the building.

2. Casa Robles (Calle Alvarez Quintero, 58; Tel: 954-213-150) - An elegant restaurant near the Cathedral.

3. For tapas, go to Mercado Lonja del Baranco (Calle Arjona, 24; Tel. 917-582-420).

For Cordoba:

Good restaurants near the Mezquita:

1. Casa Pepe de la Juderia (Calle Romero, 3; Tel: 957-200-744).

2. El Caballo Rojo (Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 28; Tel: 957-475-375).

Reply to: 2N Cordoba, Granada day trip OR 2N Granada, Cordoba daytrip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted