We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patio Festival 2018

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Patio Festival 2018

Hello everyone,

We are planning a trip to Spain in 2018. Cordoba is on our itinerary and I thought it might be nice to time things so we are there during the patio festival. BUT. First we will be visiting Barcelona for 4 days, Granada for 2 days, and Seville for 3 days. In order for the timing to work (as I understand it) we would need to start this itinerary in April. I am worried about starting our travels that early for fear that it will be cold - or at least, colder than I would like. So my questions are:

*Around what dates will the patio festival be next year? I read "the first two weeks of May," so should I expect something like Tuesday, May 1st-Saturday, May 12th? Or is it the first two FULL weeks of May, so Sunday, May 6th-Saturday, May 19th?

*If we visit Cordoba later in May after the festival has officially concluded, will we still be able to tour the patios? (I saw some old threads asking this same question but they did not get any response. However, I only read the most "recent" old threads on the topic. So sorry if the answer is already somewhere out there.)

I am apprehensive about scheduling our first visit to Spain entirely around this singular event, so any advice on this part of our planning would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

25 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Have a look at this site for more info …turismodecordoba.org/patios-de-cordoba.cfm

scotland
Level Contributor
20,149 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Its normally the first two weeks of May

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Rather than start a new thread I figured I would just revive this one to ask:

How reliable is this website? http://www.cuandopasa.com/index.php?v=v87524i

I want to start booking now if I can. Are these dates likely to change or is this fairly authoritative? Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,607 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Yes they organise patio festival first 2 weeks May.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,640 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patio Festival 2018

In May, the Courtyards (Patios) Festival takes place. This has been in the Unesco List of Intangible Cultural Heritage since 2012. This is also one of the most colorful and enjoyable festivals in Spain. Do not miss it. The dates change every year. Traditionally it takes place on the first and second week in May.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Does anyone know if you can walk around with a small dog? want to visit the festival but will have my dog with me.

Jalon, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Can you please tell me if we can get a coach tour from Calpe to the Córdoba patio festival for 3 or 4 days.

Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patio Festival 2018

I'm following up with more information since a lot of people seem to be interested and apparently this thread is the first thing that pops up when you Google "Cordoba Patio Festival 2018."

First, the dates. The dates for the 2018 festival still seem to be speculative beyond "the first two weeks of May." I did find this Comic Sans-using tour website (https:/…spains-andalusian-patio-festival.html) that lists the dates as May 5-15, 2018. I am not sure if they are privy to information the rest of us don't have, or if they are just guessing as well. But those are the most confidently stated dates I have seen so far.

There are apparently also options for seeing the patios outside of the festival dates. For one, the Palace of Viana is open to the public year round and features 12 courtyards. Other than that, it is possible to arrange tours as follows:

"There are a number of tour operators who offer guided tours outside of the opening times and dates of the Patios Festival. There's also a selection of tours to choose from depending on your budget, time frame and the size of your group. The majority of tours last around two hours and take place in the months of March until June.

Prices vary slightly depending on the tour operator that you choose but typically, prices range between 10€ and 20€ for adults and under 10€ for children. There are also free walking tours for those on a tighter budget, which usually meet around 10:30am in a central spot, so there's options available for everyone during a holiday in Cordoba.

Depending on the tour route you choose, you will also see various neighbourhoods in the city as well as the patios, like the Jewish Quarter and the Alcazar Viejo."

Source: https://www.spain-holiday.com/Cordoba-city/a…

I also found this Spanish language website (turismodecordoba.org/seccion/visitar-patios-…) that, when translated, states the following:

"The Patios de Córdoba ( Heritage of Humanity ) live their maximum splendor during the Festival of Patios Cordobeses , which is celebrated in the first half of May each year. All patio owners participating in the contest open their patios and the public can visit them.

Apart from the Festival, there are different options to visit courtyards of Cordoba throughout the year:

- Interpretation Center of the Fiesta de los Patios Barter Four

- Viana Palace

- Online reservation of accompanied or free visit

-C / San Basilio, 50-44 at these times

-Through the following companies or organizations:

Artencordoba

Cordoba by Foot

Cordoba In Tour

CordobaViva

Discover Cordoba

Foot on the Ground

Patios del Alcázar Viejo

Woow Córdoba"

If you visit the actual webpage there are links to the above named organizations.

I couldn't find any definitive information about dogs. I would assume that walking a dog around Cordoba would generally be fine, and it would be up to the patio owner whether or not he/she wants a dog in the patio. But maybe someone more knowledgeable can get back to you on that. I also don't know anything about a coach tour from Calpe.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 1:49 pm, October 23, 2017
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Wow, thank you very much for that information!

Save Reply
10. Re: Patio Festival 2018

Yes, you can take dogs -we usually have ours with us.

Reply to: Patio Festival 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted