We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Has anybody been recently to this Bond property - we are thinking of booking for July 2012. Would love to hear about anybody's trip there. Thanking you, MrsB.

75 replies to this topic
San Jose, Spain
Level Contributor
62 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

We have twice visited Bond owners staying there - I could ask them for their comments (as owners) if you like. As a day visitor, it seemed to me to be very smart and beautifully kept, we had a nice lunch at the restaurant, and everyone was very pleasant. However, it was not very Spanish. Let me know if you would like me to get more info for you. Best wishes, Nina.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Thank you so much Nina, yes any information from your friends would be more than helpful. We have two teenagers aged 17 and 14 and we've heard that this part of Spain is quieter and we are wondering if there is enough entertainment not only at the HPB property, but also in the area. They love waterparks, go-carting, banana boats etc. Regards, MrsB.

San Jose, Spain
Level Contributor
62 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Did my reply ever get posted? I can't see it here ....

Anyway, I'll do it again, just in case. The consensus of opinion is that Alfaix is definitely not the place to take teenagers, they would get very bored very quickly. It's a lovely place, great for older couple or those with very small children, but it's too far from the beach, the bars and the general fun that teenagers would expect on holiday.

Hope this helps! Nina

Harrogate, England...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Aaagh, just read this and now wondering if we've made a big mistake - we're due to be there last 2 weeks in July with 18 & 15 year olds. Would be good to know if any one else with teenagers will be there at that time ....

Thanks Karen

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Thank you Nina - yes we have been thinking we should just go here on our own someday without the kids as it does look/sounds lovely. Just think the kids will be bored. So we are now looking at Costa del Sol, except not the HPB there, as there is no air conditioning!

Karen, please let me know if you do go and whether your teenagers enjoyed themselves. Regards, MrsB.

Hertfordshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

A bit late to join the conversation but we went for a few days at Easter with our 17-year old son. There isn't a lot to do but you need a car so we went exploring by car. He was fine with it but not for a fortnight!

Harrogate, England...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Just realised I've not reported back since we went; all was fine for us, it is a lovely site and our 2 seemed quite happy with the availability of wifi and the pool table in the clubhouse, and the pools are great. We did hire a car and get out and about and there are some good beaches/little resorts around and about, nice for being not too high rise and lots of Spanish holidaymakers. But it is not "lively" and we were spoilt in week 2 by it being the first week of London 2012 so we watched a lot of sport between trips to the pool and sightseeing. We (the grown ups) would probably go again at some point but not if we had teenagers with us, just because I think we did all there is to do (incudling a trip to Granada with an overnight stay). Happy holidays!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Thank you Karen for your report. I think our teenagers would be fine like yours if they already knew it's a quiet place. It does sound lovely and I would love to re-visit Granada which I went to with my parents as a child. We went to Physkos Turkey this year and it was the best HPB holiday we have had, the kids loved it! Thanks again, MrsB.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Thank you also Bee-Herts. We always hire a car as we love to explore too. Actually we only hired a car for one day this year in Turkey as there was no need too as there is so much to do. MrsB.

harrogate
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HPB property Alfaix Almeria

Hi.....I guess you have been now!!!

we went last summer with a 16 year old a 14 and 11 and theyt had a brilliant time....my 16 year old met loads of people her own age on site and had a great time....we would go back this year only it is fully booked....I guess a place is as good as you make it......teenagers don't need to be bored!!!!

hope it was ok for you.

Reply to: HPB property Alfaix Almeria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Almeria
Recent Conversations