We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary 7 days with 10 year old son in Spain

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Itinerary 7 days with 10 year old son in Spain

Hello. I am taking my 10 year old son to Spain mid May and would love some feedback on our itinerary with suggestions of what to do with a boy. This is what I have planned:

Overnight flight to Madrid

Day 1-3 Madrid. Airtrip hotel. Want to take it easy the first day. Second day-thinking of the Prado. the football stadium, perhaps a city tour on the electric scooter. Plan on a day trip to Segovia to see the castle. Not sure if we should do an organized tour to Seville and Avila or go on our own. I would like the ease of a planned trip but don't' want it to be boring for my son.

High speed train to Seville

Day 4-5 Seville. Staying at Hotel Amadeus

See the Alcazar. Go to a Flamenco show.

Day 6 public transportation to Rhonda. See the bull rink museum. Sleep in Rhonda at Hotel San Gabriel

Day 7 ?? perhaps the caves outside of Rhonda. Open to any suggestions. Will take public transportation to Marbella where we are staying our last night and flying home the next morning.

I would appreciate any suggestions that you think a boy would love. Thank you!!

Stacey

huntington, ny
Level Contributor
159 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary 7 days with 10 year old son in Spain

OOPS-I was logged in under my husband's account. The post was from Stacey, not Rich. Thank you!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,851 posts
3,813 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary 7 days with 10 year old son in Spain

Stacey:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

For day trips, read the top questions in the Madrid forum. You can easily do day trips to Segovia and Avila on your own.

In Seville see the flamenco show at Los Gallos. They have an early show where you can bring your son to.

You can take the bus from Seville to Ronda. From Ronda I would go directly to Marbella by bus.

Have a good trip!

3. Re: Itinerary 7 days with 10 year old son in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 25, 2015