We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed on itinerary

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Advice needed on itinerary

We will arrive in Barcelona on the 4/9/13 10am and fly off from Madrid on the 16/9/13 1pm giving us about 13 nights. We were thinking of covering Barcelona (3 nights), Cordoba (2 nights), Seville (3 nights), Granada (1 night), Madrid (4 nights including day trip to El Escorial and Segovia). I thought of using AVE trains between the cities in the sequence I have outlined above. Is this sequence the best? Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,964 posts
3,813 reviews
1. Re: Advice needed on itinerary

SLam:

I would go to Barcelona, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, and Granada in that sequence. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

You need 2 days in Granada to see the Alhambra. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and book early.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Advice needed on itinerary

The sequence looks good. Personally I'd daytrip to Cordoba en route from Madrid to Sevilla and add a night to Sevilla and Granada. Cordoba makes a great spot to stay for a couple of nights but it can also be done as a daytrip if there isn't enough time to visit overnight. I feel you're moving around too quickly especially with a 1-nighter in Granada. 3 nights in Barcelona is also quite short - if it's your first destination in Europoe then you'll likely be jetlagged the entire first day. You're covering alot of ground in just 13 nights.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Advice needed on itinerary

Thanks for your replies. Based on your comments, I thought maybe I could save time travelling by taking an overnight train from Barcelona to Granada. That way itinerary could look be Barcelona (3 nights and 4 days), Granada (2 nights), Seville (3 nights), Cordoba (1 night), Madrid (4 nights) in that sequence. I was worried about daytripping to Cordoba - we are travelling in a party of 4 and will have luggage. Do they have lockers at the train station?

4. Re: Advice needed on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2014