We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itineary help for spain in july

Dubai
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
itineary help for spain in july

Hello fellow travellers.

Hope you all are doing well & exploring more & more countries.

Now i need your help to plan a 8 day itineary for us to spain.

We are 2 couple travelling on 28th of june - 5th of July to spain, initially we thought we will do 4 days madrid & 4 days barcelona, however reading a lot of blogs i understand madrid is going to be a very hot & dry compared to Barcelona, but we stay in Dubai were the temperarutres in summer go upto 40degrees celsius, would it still be hot for us too?

Having said the above & assuming madrid is going to be real hot should i change my itineary to barcelona - valencia or san sebastian & if i take either one of them will 4 days in the particular city(valencia or sen sebastian) will be too much?

Let me have your expert advice so that ic an plan my ititneary or some other suggestions that you would want to add please feel free to do so.

Regards

Adnan

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,744 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itineary help for spain in july

Adnan:

I would go to Madrid because there is so much to see there. Read the top questions in the Madrid forum. You can do a day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. All you need is to get a hotel with air conditioning. All of Spain will be warm. Barcelona will also be warm and humid. Madrid has dry heat with little humidity, so you can tolerate the heat better there.

You do not have time for other cities because you should stay in Madrid for 4 days and Barcelona for 4 days too.

Travel between the cities using the AVE. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online and try to get the web discounts.

2. Re: itineary help for spain in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 30, 2014