We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Ingles

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Pueblo Ingles

has anyone heard about this company? They are an english immersion program offering free room and board to native english speakers. Sounds very interesting, but woudl love to hear some first hand accounts.

websites are vaughnvillage.com or puebloingles.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblo Ingles

Yes I am trying to find info on this location as well. It is also known as Englishtown and there are a few posts on tripadvisor about Englishtown.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblo Ingles

anyone have anything to say on this topic? Please?

santa clara, Ca usa
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Pueblo Ingles

I have been to their site in Gredos and it was wonderful I'm going again this year to Soria and to Salamanca. email me if you have questions eleanordonoheuu@yahoo.com

4. Re: Pueblo Ingles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 18, 2006
Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pueblo Ingles

I found about about Vaughan Village when searching the Frommer's site for information on Spain. Here is the thread:

http://www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/WebX?13@6.VmkMaj3gucg^0@.ee9c8fa. There's lots of info there. I will be going in November.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pueblo Ingles

I made application to Pueblo Ingles and I am an American who speaks nothing but English. Because I have work experience in Mexico they jumped to conclusions and I was not treated well....leading me to refuse the invitation. By the way, if you are an American ...they seem to discriminate against us. And, they seem to be very disorganized and unfamiliar with American culture, placing doubt on the quality of the entire program.

Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pueblo Ingles

On my first visit to the Spain Forums, I was astonished to find Pueblo Ingles featuring so strongly and to read the rather negative points being quoted.

I have been an "Anglo" on several Pueblo Ingles weeks in La Alberca (Salamanca) and Valdelavilla (Soria) over the last two years. I have benefited tremendously in my knowledge of Spain (and Portugal) as a result of week long contact in conversation with very interesting clients from these countries. In addition, I have developed lasting friendships with some of them and with many of the Anglos from all over the world. I have certainly not detected any anti-American bias. Some of the visiting American "Anglos" come year after year. The only real stipulation is that we do not at any time speak Spanish on the programme.

For the record, I am Scottish, male and retired from a mainly education background. I shall continue to be an "Anglo" with Pueblo Ingles for as long as they will have me.

Blairass

Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pueblo Ingles

On my first visit to the Spain Forums, I was astonished to find Pueblo Ingles featuring so strongly and to read the rather negative points being quoted.

I have been an "Anglo" on several Pueblo Ingles weeks in La Alberca (Salamanca) and Valdelavilla (Soria) over the last two years. I have benefited tremendously in my knowledge of Spain (and Portugal) as a result of week long contact in conversation with very interesting clients from these countries. In addition, I have developed lasting friendships with some of them and with many of the Anglos from all over the world. I have certainly not detected any anti-American bias. Some of the visiting American "Anglos" come year after year. The only real stipulation is that we do not at any time speak Spanish on the programme.

For the record, I am Scottish, male and retired from a mainly education background. I shall continue to be an "Anglo" with Pueblo Ingles for as long as they will have me.

Blairass

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
368 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pueblo Ingles

I really dont think that they would discriminate against Americans. Their clients are interested both British and American type accents. I had a friend who did the program last winter in Gredos I think, near Avila. She is American And she LOVED it.

You do a lot of speaking wih Spaniards (in english) all day and stay in a beautiful setting, 4 star hotel. You meet interesting people, both the "anglos" and the Spaniards you all have meals together and I have heard that lasting friendships are built. I would definately recommend it to people who are looking for a different sort of volunteer work/vacation.

I have taught English for several years in Madrid so this would not be something I necesarily would do on my free time but I think its a great opportunity for both the Spanish clients and the volunteers.

And regarding them discriminating, probalby only against people like me who are English (EFL) teachers, they prefer people who are not already conditioned to speaking with people to whom English is a second language.

I say go for it!

pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pueblo Ingles

I was somewhat taken back by the recent comment indicating an anti-American flavor from Pueblo Ingles staffers. I attended a session in June and found the experience to be great. The company was friendly and well organized. The accomedations top shelf and the food wonderful. I made some lasting friends among the staff, Anglos and , most important to me, the Spaniards . People attend this type of activity for various reasons. Mine was to understand more of the Spanish culture. This program allowed me to take from it as much as it expected from me. A win-win proposition to say the least. I plan on attending another session this summer if they'll have me.