We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dating customs in Spain?

Madrid
3 posts
Save Topic
Dating customs in Spain?

My two girlfriends and I will be studying abroad in Spain (Madrid) for 3 months. We're looking forward to going out with our Madrileno friends but we're unsure of the dating customs in Spain. One friend, who visited Barcelona, says it's uncommon for men to buy women drinks. I'm wondering what other unwritten rules surround men/women relations. Any tips??

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dating customs in Spain?

"Dating Customs" Interesting topic…

Are you talking about hanging around nightclubs and bars until the wee hours of the morning, or going out for tapas and drinks with your friends? Most of the people I know either split the bill, or someone will pick up the tab as they move from place to place, sharing expenses as they go.

If you're going out on a date with someone specific, then that is another matter.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dating customs in Spain?

There's lots of hanging out with groups of friends. Drinks, food and smokes are shared among friends more than in the US (not sure where you're from), especially among students with little money. So don't be surprised if someone asks for a sip of your drink, or if you're offered from someone else's.

3. Re: Dating customs in Spain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 08, 2010