We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Itinerary

Ridgefield, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Itinerary

Hello!

So we plan to take my parents on their dream vacation, to Spain, next year. Due to the cost of the airfare I am thinking about traveling in November in order to save on 4 flights. So why am I poasting SO far in advance? Two reasons: 1) I am still not sure if it will be in November and it may actually be more like March. 2) It takes a LONG time to save for four ppl going to Europe!

Anyway, I am thinking about taking them for 8-10 days and would like to know if November is a good time as far as weather is concerned. I realize Spain is huge and the weather varies, which is why I would like some recommendations on an itinerary. So far I am thinking about flying into Madrid (stay 4 days) then taking train to Granada (3 days there) and flying to Barcelona (3 days there) to fly home from BCN.

Any other cities you can recommend or a better month that is not too expensive (as far as flights go) would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

madrid
Level Contributor
428 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Itinerary

Borrow a day from Madrid and Granada and add Sevilla to your itinerary,

Do

madrid-sevilla: train high speed, buy tickets with time to get good discounts

sevilla-granada: regional train, not expensive

granada-barcelona: flying, check Vueling for low cost flights.

i would do

madrid 3 nights include daytrip to Toledo

sevilla 2 nigths possible daytrip to Cordoba

granada 1 night

barcelona 3 nights

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Itinerary

I actually like Jan. After Jan 6, sales are on. Cheapest airfares. Cold like around 40 degrees (for me that's not bad), clear skies and sunny in my experience. March can be worse (rainy, etc.), but wait for other opinions as well.

Ridgefield, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Itinerary

Thanks for your replies.

Activi: Awesome ideas, thank you for your guidance. There are SO many cities in Spain that I would like to see (my grandmother was born there) but I felt that 8-10 days would limit me. I am glad to see your itinerary includes a few more cities that interest me!

Holakjs: Thanks for the post. I just checked and January airfare is equivalent to November. Which month has the better weather?

Thanks!

4. Re: Recommended Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, October 07, 2009