We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

My husband, myself and two teenage boys (16 and 18) will be in Spain for just five nights. We arrive and depart from the airport in Malaga, but have planned a two day visit to Seville in between. We will spend the first night in Malaga and the next two nights in Seville. The remaining two nights we would like to spend on the coast. We would like to visit some place smaller and reasonably quiet (is there such a thing on the beach in Spain?) but with access to at least one or two restaurants and/or coffee shops. I would love some suggestions for beaches either near Tarifa or Nerja. Two places I have looked in to online that seem intriguing thus far are Playa Bolonia and Maro - would welcome specific feedback on either of those places! Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,750 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

You can taek the train to Cadiz. The Playa Victoria is a very long and wide beach. I recommend staying at the

Hotel Playa Victoria Palafox. Its design is beautiful. We had a room with a porch and we would stay at the porch every afternoon to see the beautiful sunset.

Two good restaurants near the hotel:

https:/…Best.Restaurants.html

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

You don't say how you plan to travel, if you have a car you can access the quieter areas of the Costa de la Luz, Bolonia being one of them.

Time of year will also have an impact as July but particularly August is the time that people want to get out of the cities & to the coastal areas,.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

Bolonia is nothing to write home about to be honest. But I guess it is quite small, has a Prom with bars/restaurants and a nice sandy beach.

Anniejou is quite right - if we are talking July and August there aren't any quiet areas (Spain is on holiday en masse) - you need to find the least busy. Again at this time of year you will find Sevilla incredibly and insufferably hot - and quite lonely as, especially at weekend, everybody from there will be down at the coast, Chiclana, La Barrossa, those sort of places

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,613 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

Cadiz is a wonderful city and easilyreached by train or bus from Seville. The public transport from Cadiz to Malaga takes at least 4 hours.

Maro is a nice choice but no idea if you can find suitable accommodation in July and August. You have a small beach at Maro plus near to those caves.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

Yes, sorry, we plan to travel by car, so we can access cities without frequent public transport. We will be visiting at the very end of August, and the first two days of September. At this point, I think we are leaning toward Maro. Because we have a car, we are open to staying further up near Frigiliana or some other such place. We aren't too much interested in sight seeing or clubs and late nights, just a space of time to relax and enjoy the sun and sea before heading to the UK for the second leg of our trip.

6. Re: Quiet Coastal Town near Seville or Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 30, 2018