We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italy portugal or spain

Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
italy portugal or spain

Hi there!

My girlfriend and I are planning a approx. 10 day trip this july. We were thinking of either portugal, spain or italy. we would like to see some cities/towns with nice architecture and athmosphere, but it definitely shouldn't bei Just a city trip. doing outdoor activities like walking/hiking in nature with some nice views is what we really enjoy. a few days on some clean, pretty beaches would also be great for realxation, but again we don't wanna spend all our time sunbathing. In Portugal lisbon, sintra and porto really caught my interest and the Algarve Coast looks gorgeous too, but i'm afraid it might be too crowded at that time of the year? and what about the nature/landacape aspect in Portugal? in spain we had andalucia in mind with cities like Sevilla and the Sierra Nevada Mountain range for hiking. but i guess this place will bei even more crowded? In italy we were thinking about northern italy (lake garda, Milan, torino, alps ligurian coast) which would be a plus because we could go by car since we Come from austria. or The Amalfi coast or further south (calabria, puglia or sicily). i know it's a difficult question but i would really appreciate any recommendations!

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: italy portugal or spain

all southern destinations, especially Amalfi coast, Italy further south and Andalucia in Spain, will not only be jam packed, but also hot indeed. Portugal might be a bit milder as it's under ocean's influence. I think Lago di Garda would fit you the most to combine hiking/walking/nice views/relaxation. Look at Malcesine. Verona is an easy day trip from there.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,838 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: italy portugal or spain

You will eat better in Spain than in other coutries. About 30% of our foreign tourists come just to eat.

For trains in Spain:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

3. Re: italy portugal or spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2018