We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a bike in Halle!

Halle
4 posts
Save Topic
Renting a bike in Halle!

I am visiting Halle on Sep. 21st to attend a course at Martin Luther University & I`m thinking of renting a bike to ease my transportation within the city..

I would appreciate any helpful information about the prices/week & where can I rent one!?

PS. What is the closest major & active city to Halle & wt is the easiest way to get there?

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

I went to the Halle tourist website (www.halle.de) and did a search for "bicycle" and up popped....

Fahrradshops:

...d, Stevens "Bike in Bicycles & Components" Anschrift Große Ulrichstraße 4806108 Halle (Saale) ÖffnungszeitenMontag bis Freitag10:00 - 18:00 UhrSamstag09:00 - 12:00 Uhr TelefonTelefax 0345 20210040...

I don't know if they rent, but you might ask at the Halle tourist office if it is open when you arrive.

The nearest city is Leipzig. It is connected to Halle by rail and served by a number of trains. The S-bahn (S-10) also connects Halle and Leipzig and takes a bit less than 40 minutes.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

My guidebook doesn't show any place to rent a bike in Halle, but it does give a place in Wittenberg, about 45 minutes from Halle by train (halfway between Halle and Berlin). The bike rental place in Wittenberg is Fahrradladen, Coswiger Str 21, tel nr 03491 402849. Price according to my 2007 book was 7 Euros a day.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

The Halle.de website has a link to bike shops when doing a search on "bicycle". I saw one that says it offers bikes to rent (Angebote - Verleih):

http://www.bike-insider.de/bi07/home/home.htm

Unfortunately, I do not see specific information about renting on this website.

You could email the bike shop and ask.

You could also email the local tourist bureau. The few times that I have emailed a local tourist bureau in Germany I have received an extensive reply.

touristinfo@stadtmarketing-halle.de

Good luck, Gary

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,663 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

I found at another forum in German these 2 addresses for bike rentals:

"Bike Insider" Hohmann und Schönfeld GbR

Mansfelder Str. 43

Radshop, Verleih, Service

Tel. 2090932

Fahrradverleih Räderei

Seebener Str. 190

Tel. 5226146, 5502392

The next bigger city is Leipzig. Both are inside the same local public transport network (MDV).

mdv.de/img/…Liniennetz.pdf

Halle day time network

mdv.de/img/…halle_tag.pdf

Halle night network

mdv.de/img/…halle_nacht.pdf

English frontend for the MDV timetable

http://www.nasa.de/bin/query.exe/en?L=mdv

Halle
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

Thanks everybody for the immediate response. I`ve emailed all the shops with no response! I`m arriving in 3 days & till now I have no idea how & where I can rent a bike in Halle!

BRs

6. Re: Renting a bike in Halle!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:33 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Halle (Saale)