We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

martin luther university halle

england
1 post
Save Topic
martin luther university halle

my daughter starts here as a foreign student on 1st october.Our nearest airport here is manchester. Any suggestions for best way to travel and a nearby hotel to stay in

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: martin luther university halle

www.air-berlin.com

flies from Manchester to Leipzig-Halle Airport

leipzig-halle-airport.de/en/home/index.html

http://www.halle.de/index.asp?MenuID=912

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,851 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: martin luther university halle

For hotels in Halle you cd try hrs.de; venere.com also covers eastern Germany quite well. www.accor.com gives you Ibis et al incl. one near airport.

We were in Halle last month (very complicated to drive round!) after staying the night in Merseburg. Merseburg has really impressive cathedral/castle complex and great restaurant Parlamentsstuben in the parliament building now part of Radisson hotel overlooking cathedral; makes a good side-trip.

We also went to Naumburg which is already on the tourist trail (even heard American accents) and well worth a visit.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: martin luther university halle

I am in Halle right now on a business trip (leave Wednesday). I am staying at the Kempinski Hotel Rotes Ross. It's a five star, but not very pricey (surprise!). I can recommend this hotel.

The airport Leipzig-Halle is easily to reach by regional trains. The university buildings are spread over the entire old town, so it depends on what exactly your daughter is going to study if you plan on a hotel.

Ingo

4. Re: martin luther university halle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Halle (Saale)
More Halle (Saale) Topics