We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruises from Dresden

St Albans
Level Contributor
25 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Cruises from Dresden

We will be in Dresden in September and would like to take two boat trips, one to Meissen and one to Sächsischen Schweiz, on 8 and 9 September. I understand timetables have been affected by recent flooding ? I am struggling to understand the timetable in German :-)

Do we need to book in advance ? Any details and info would be much appreciated

Germany
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruises from Dresden

Yes, timetables have been affected by the flood - for financial reasons. Did you see these new timetables?

saechsische-dampfschiffahrt.de/downloads/fah…

departures to Meissen 9.45 am, on Fridays and weekends these boats run even farther to Diesbar-Seusslitz. Arrival in Meissen 11.45 am. Departures back from Meissen 2.45 pm, arrival in Dresden 6 pm - but I'd do one of the trips by S-Bahn train, boat upstream takes too long IMO.

Ditto for Saxon Switzerland. My recommendation is train to Bad Schandau, back by boat. Daily departures from Bad Schandau 3.45 pm, arrival in Dresden 7.25 pm.

No need to book in advance. Buy at the booth on Terrassenufer (landing stage of the steamers in Dresden old town) or right on the boat.

St Albans
Level Contributor
25 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruises from Dresden

Thank you very much eagle2002, very helpful

3. Re: Cruises from Dresden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 23, 2014