We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

Which Dresden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

I will be staying in Prage for a couple of dya in aug 2012 would like information on how to get there by river,and possible buy tickect beforehand. I am disabled need my own spead, would like to spend the day there, (can not take a tour and slow everyone) Thank you

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
34,772 posts
1. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

There are no steamships that go from Prague to Dresden. There are cruise ships which do this normally as a part of a longer cruise (e.g. Prague to Potsdam). Prague to Dresden is a 2 days trip by boat. See e.g. here for offers on the river Elbe

www.elb-fahrten.de/kreuzfahrten/index.htm

The Dresden based paddle steamers run only tours which are possible on one day return.

saechsische-dampfschiffahrt.de/english/fahrt…

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
2. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

... in other words: take a train to, for example, Bad Schandau and board the ship there.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

I thank you very much for your prompt and knowledgable information, now I wonder if you know of a local bus company that will take me to Dresden from Prage, Not a tour bus but transportation for the locals, I can not take a tour

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

Does anyone know of a fast way to go to Dresden from Prague without a tour? I am traveling July 2013, had to cancel my 2012 trip due to my illness.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,648 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

Why do you need a "local bus company"? Why not simply take a train?

www.cd.cz

6. Re: need to info on steamship that goes from Prage to Dresden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 19, 2014