We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants area

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants area

We are coming to Dresden only for 1 day and leaving by train at 8pm, are there any particular areas in Dresden with retaurants that we can eat in before we leave, just to give me an idea where to look.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants area

There are hundreds of restaurants in Dresden. We locals prefer those in the neighbourhood or those in the Neustadt (northeast of Albertplatz, the "nightlife" district).

However, I suppose it is most convenient for you to eat in a restaurant near the railway station (guess you leave from Hauptbahnhof). A few days ago a restaurant (local/regional food) opened in the modern building (Kugelhaus) vis-a-vis from the Hauptbahnhof (4th floor). It seems to be quite good and reasonably priced. Another option near the Hauptbahnhof would be the restaurant "Le Boulevard" in the Hotel Mercure Newa (5 minutes, Prager Strasse). It's a bit more expensive and offers very good international food (special offers/buffets some days).

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants area

I would go to the waterfront terrace and walk along until you see a street full of tiny white lights, I beleive the name is MunzigStrasse??? It lies between the Terrace and the Frauenkirche. The street and surrounding area is full of small shops and restaurants. It is a bit of a walk back to the train station from there so you will have to leave time or plan on getting a taxi.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants area

Thanks for that, at least we have an idea where to go