We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semperoper

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Semperoper

We're travelling to Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic this next September and would like to plan the trip's timing to allow seeing some musical performances.

1. We haven't been able to find Semperoper's schedule for Sept. (their website shows the schedule through July only). What's the best way to ?

2. What's the best way to buy tickets (we're in the U.S.)?

3. To allow flexibility on out trip, is it feasible to wait until there and attempt to get last minute tickets?

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Semperoper

After a holidays break in August in the end of August the new season in the Semperoper will start

www.semperoper.de/index.php?f_CategoryId=213

The further schedule for September will be available later.

You should have the possibility to buy tickets from the US with tickets.com , but normally if there isn't a special event it is always possible to buy 2 tickets last minute, your hotel will be able to help you with any ticket questions.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Semperoper

The previous poster is right that the schedule for the next season (which starts end August) will be out later this year. If you tell me the exact time you'll be here I can find out the schedule earlier, though. (I know a singer there).

After you picked a performance you can email the semperoper and order tickets. They need your credit card number and address. you can pick up the tickets when you're in Dresden (did this with American friends of mine).

It is almost impossible to get last minute tickets, especially for popular operas. They are sold out quickly. September is favourite time for tourists, so chances are small.

Mentioned in this post
Dresden
Dresden
Saxony, Germany
Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Semperoper

Very easy to book tickets. Just contact them (e-mail, fax, website) with your credit card number and you can pick off the tickets just before the opera starts. Be there in time...

Get answers to your questions about Dresden