We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tours

L.A.
Level Contributor
206 posts
314 reviews
Save Topic
wine tours

I need some helpful advice mon whether I can do some winery tours in the Moselle region without the use of a rental car. I am travelling from Dusseldorf via train and would not have a rental car but would hiore a day driver if possible. Where would be a good town or village to stay as my home base? Thanks for the help. Regards, Steve

Mentioned in this post
Dusseldorf
Dusseldorf
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Hinckley
Level Contributor
123 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine tours

Steve

I am familiar with parts of the Mosel, but not Bernkastel. However I think this advice is quite generic and would apply regardless of where you base yourself.

Personally I would chose a village as a base rather than a town, where you are more likely to get a personal experience as opposed to being just another tourist.

Select a village, and then find its website. Note some villages may also have a train station which would ease travelling concerns.

The website will inevitably have links to local wine growers based in the village. Check individual websites for services offered by the wine growers. Most will offer accomodation, some will also offer tours of vinyards and wine tasting etc.

I just did this for Ellenz Poltersdorf near Cochem (the part of the Mosel I am most familar) and successfully found a number of wine growers who offer vinyard and tasting sessions. I am sure you could also do this for BK.

Edited: 3:23 am, March 31, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Mosel Wine Region
Mosel Wine Region
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Cochem
Cochem
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
L.A.
Level Contributor
206 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine tours

Thank you for the advice. That sems to be a logical way to gather the most information. I will attempt to find out more. I appreciate your input. Regards, Steve

3. Re: wine tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014