We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Trier & Wheather..will there be snow

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Trier & Wheather..will there be snow

Hi I am visting Trier this weekend for the Christmas Markets my mom & her 2 sisters are coming with can you point me towards a good restaurant there and a typical German with a good atmosphere and some music only staying Friday & Saturday night.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Trier & Wheather..will there be snow

Just returned from a European visit and we were in Trier for a day. As to your first question, there was snow already. We drove from Belgium and the snow was at imes brutal. But..the good news is that if you are driving, the motorways are fine.

The Christmas market was great and there is so much German food being cooked and consumed outdoors in the market, I would suggest that for at least a lunch (or two). There is a good wine bar (and beer) off the market that you can also use for a warming break and a lunch. It is the Dom restaurant. To be honest, we left and ate in the countryside for dinner as many of the places on and near the square were overly generic and touristy. However, I am sure that some locals from that area can point you in a good direction. If it is your first time to Trier, I highly suggest the local sites. Very good Roman architecture and sites, as well as some very good churches and monuments (however, being from Ireland, you have this as well).

You will have a great time.