We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
69 posts
54 reviews
KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

I'm planning on taking a KD Rhein Cruise next week. I expect it will be very busy at this time of year, and wonder whether its necessary to buy a ticket (or a day pass) beforehand, or will it be safe to just buy my ticket on the day (I'm planning on embarking at Koblenz, travelling toward Mainz). Are these cruises ever overbooked and are people ever turned away if they just turn up on the day?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
11,134 posts
1. Re: KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

There is no prebooking for these cruises. Buy your ticket before boarding.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
69 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

Excellent, Blandine, just the information I was looking for. Thankyou!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

Yes, you can just buy your ticket the day of travel.

May want to be there a little early so you can queue up to get a good location on the upper deck. The K-D ship we were on, the Ansbach, had moveable plastic chairs that you could shift around on the upper deck. Some were shaded but some were in the open so take sunscreen and a hat.

Edited: 1:37 pm, June 14, 2010
4. Re: KD Rhein Cruise in June - Buy ticket on the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:08 am, December 12, 2010