We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

5 posts
RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Hi,

may I check from the group here that as the adult weekly ticket allow another adult to ride along during weekends. Does this apply to public holidays too?

Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

I am not familiar with the RNN/RMV combiticket, but with an RMV weekly ticket you CAN take a second person along on weekends and holidays as well as after 19h on weekdays.

In case you are asking for Nov 1: that is not a public holiday in Hessia, thus the holiday rule does not apply. But it may for the RNN.

5 posts
2. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Yes Oli, indeed I’m referring to the upcoming November 1st.

My friend and I will be spending a week in Mainz starting from Nov 1st. We will stay in Mainz. Apart from exploring Mainz, we plan to visit the scenic places and castles along the Rhine river, including Rudesheim, St Goar and Boppard. We may take one day to explore each place and if the weather permits.

What I’m not sure about is whether to get a group day RNN+RMV ticket, a weekly RNN+RMV ticket or a weekly RNN ticket and each purchase another ticket when at RMV zone on certain days?

Say, on Nov 1, we walk around Mainz. Nov 2, to take the train from Mainz to Bingen, followed by Rhine cruise from Bingen to St. Goar, then back to Mainz by train. Nov 3, to Boppard. Nov 4, to Rudesheim. What is the most economical way and what will make sense?

Any advise or recommendation?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

I'd generally recommend to streamline your plan and not travel the same tracks two days in a row. One full day on the left side should be sufficient at this time of year.

Note that the water level is very low at the moment and that there is only one cruise a day with Bingen-Rüdesheimer from Bingen at 11:15, reaching St Goar at 12:50. You could then explore the town and Rheinfels Castle, then maybe stop in Bacharach or Oberwesel on the way back by train to Mainz. Not sure, but a Rheinland-Pfalz dayticket for 29 EUR for 2 would probably the most efficient ticket.

For the outing to Rüdesheim get an RMV groupdayticket for 16,60 EUR. It covers all trains via Wiesbaden, so visiting Wiesbaden or Eltville or anything in between would be an option that day as well.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Btw, Frankfurt is rather nice too and has a lot to explore.

Quick question for those in the know can maybe help. Do the weekly RMV passes also include the Airport, I usually have a monthly pass which it is, but I go on a longer trip, so only need a weekly pass in Nov

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Weekly tickets for Frankfurt include the airport as well, Alex. https:/…

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Thank you, that is perfekt!

5 posts
7. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Thank you. Helpful to know there is only 1 cruise at this time of the year. Just one last question, does the Rheinland-Pfalz dayticket apply the same weekend rule as RNN and RMV that a second person can ride together?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

An RLP ticket costs 24€ + 5€ for every additional of up to 5 travelers total. It is good for all local/regional transportation in the state after 9am on weekdays (no time restrictions on weekends/holidays).

5 posts
9. Re: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket

Thank you Oli, for the recommendations.

Reply to: RNN & RMV Weekly ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted