We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

6 posts
Save Topic
Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

I will be traveling to and staying in Frankfurt. I want to go on the Rhine River between Rudesheim and Braubach. What way is it better to travel from Braubach to Rudesheim or from Rudesheim to Braubach to go faster on the boat? Also, I would be traveling by train are the train stations close enough to walk to the dock in both places?

11 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,609 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Get a train to Rüdesheim, have lunch there, maybe take the cable car for views and boat from there to St. Goar one way maybe for the views. Of course the boat is not as fast as the train, but you do it for the views anyway. From St Goar you can take the train back to Frankfurt

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Thank you

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Did you choose Braubach because of the castle, the Marksburg? In that case you either have to take the first boat from Rüdesheim or leave the boat at St. Goarshausen and take the train from there to Braubach.

Otherwise, take the boat to St. Goar or Boppard and the train back to Frankfurt.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,099 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

And btw: the cruise ships are indeed much faster downriver, into the direction Braubach.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Thank you. Is the Braubach Train station walking distance from the dock?

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Yes I would like to see the Marksburg castle.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,099 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Everything in Braubach is within walking distance. It is a small village.

6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

Thank you.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

One more question is Rudesheim train station close to the dock as well? I am thinking taking the train from Frankfurt to Rudesheim hoping on the boat going down to Baubach, then the train back to Frankfurt.

Mainz, Germany
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??

The Rüdesheim train station is adjacent to the river at the western end of town. The docks should be nearby - e.g. the Köln Düsseldorfer dock is only 600m from the train station. On the way you'll come across some tourist hotspots like the Drosselgasse. Not that I recommend giving it more than a quick peek.

Reply to: Rhine River - Better direction Braubach to Rudesheim??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted