We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland Rugby Match

killarney
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland Rugby Match

Hi, Does anyone know where a good place to watch the rugby next weekend. Also any good suggestions on a evening meal. Thanks for any tips.

4 replies to this topic
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,087 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland Rugby Match

Pardon my ignorance, but what rugby? There are a couple Irish pubs in Mainz and they usually announce their sports dates on their Facebook pages. Before they’d show rugby there is a lot of football matches that are more likely to be shown, though.

There are tons of restaurants around: traditional wine taverns with local or typically German fare, some very good Italians, there are tapas bars, Thais, hip burger places, steak restaurants, sushi... you name it. What are you looking for?

killarney
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland Rugby Match

😊. Ireland are playing England next weekend chasing a grand slam. It would be the icing on the cake. A good steak dinner will be required. Hope that clears that up.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,087 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland Rugby Match

I'd send those pubs a message via facebook and inquire directly whether they have the match on: The Porterhouse: https://www.facebook.com/mainz2007/ The Irish Pubs: https://www.facebook.com/IrishPubMainz/

My favorite restaurants for steaks (reservations are essential for both): El Chico has been consistently excellent for years (Tel +49 6131 238440). Humberto has the best selection of cuts and dry-beef (+49 6131 9713 854).

killarney
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland Rugby Match

Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

Reply to: Ireland Rugby Match
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted