We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opal Arena on non match day

japan
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Opal Arena on non match day

Hello Mainz forum watchers.

I`d like to visit the Opal Arena on a non match day. I`ve read different information about getting to the stadium from Mainz Hbf: take bus 54,55,58, 68 or 69. A lot of choices but I`m not sure if all are correct. I hope someone can give me the best way from Mainz Hbf to the Opal Arena.

Thanks.

-Bushman-

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,280 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Opal Arena on non match day

Afaik one can tour the stadium only once a week or so. Better mail to stadionfuehrungen@mainz05.de whether there is one on your date. Without an inside tour I wouldn't get all they way out to the arena just to see it from the outside.

The most convenient way to get to the Opel Arena is by tram lines 51 or 53 direction Lerchenberg / Hindemithstrasse to stop Plaza. It is just a few hundred meters from the arena. The tramline is fairly new, so one may not find in all descriptions yet. There is a lot of construction work going on in Mainz currently, so if you can't find the right spot at Hauptbahnhof from where the trams leave don't hesitate to ask. There is an information office across the square next to Hotel Hammer.

japan
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Opal Arena on non match day

Thanks Oli-6

I`ve contacted the club and they can run a tour on a Friday afternoon. Perfect for me. I can use the Gruppentageskarte bought in Frankfurt (you advised on another thread) for the tram to the stadium. I think that is the idea. Thanks for the tram information. It seems not easy to find without local knowledge or tourist information.

3. Re: Opal Arena on non match day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 14, 2018