Appreciate if anyone can provide some help planning the cruise:
I am arriving Bingen by car early morning on May 17 (Thu) and want to take the cruise Bingen to St Goar. Questions:
1. Do I need to buy the tickets ahead of time for 4 people or is it almost always available?
2. I saw Eur 20.2 on the K-D.com online shop which last for 1.5 hr, is that the right one? (website partially in German)
3. If I choose to buy in advance online, do i still need to go to some booth to exchange for a real ticket?
4. When I arrive Bingen by car, is there parking available near the KD dock? Any idea how much? I will have a full load of covered luggage in the car, is it generally safe in that area while we are in the cruise? If not, what are the alternatives?
5. I notice that there are many stops fr Bingen to St Goar. Do people get off for sightseeing? How long is each stop?
6. Once reached St Goar, I need public transport to head back to Bingen to pick up my car. Is train the best option? How far is train station from the St Goar KD dock? How frequent is the train? How much time to Bingen? How much? Need to purchase ticket in advance?
7. I heard there are couple of very nice castles along the way? Each KD stopping points are they located? Buy a separate ticket for castles?
Thank you so very much. I tried to get answers from the KD site, but found it not very helpful.