We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to take from switzerland to ramstein

Fort Lauderdale...
2 posts
Save Topic
Train to take from switzerland to ramstein

My sister is in Torgon Switzerland and she wants to visit Ramstein Airforce base but she does not know how to get to this area from Torgon Switzerland and she only has till next week to travel before she goes back to US.

Need advise on what train to take and how to get there!!!!!

I am doing this for her cause she cannot get any access to internet where she is at so I have this mission to find out.

Thanks to anyone out there!!!!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to take from switzerland to ramstein

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Ramstein

To: Landstuhl

To: Ramstein Flugplatz Haupttor West

Torgon is only served by buses. You'll have to choose one of the bus stops of Torgon.

For ticket prices (and to buy tickets) query from Aigle to Ramstein or Landstuhl. Landstuhl station is served more frequently and which is closer will depend in the end just from her final destination. There are also buses to Ramstein Flugplatz Haupttor West = Ramstein Airbase Main Gate West, but the service is not that frequent.

Fort Lauderdale...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to take from switzerland to ramstein

I thank you so much and I will email this to my sister so she can decide if she wants to go by bus. I believe it will be a long trip. Buses to Torgon stop at 4:30 PM. It is nice to know that somewhere someone is very helpful to people who are "lost".

3. Re: Train to take from switzerland to ramstein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kaiserslautern