We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise for 2 nights in between Mosel and Amsterdam

singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Need advise for 2 nights in between Mosel and Amsterdam

Hi all helpful souls, I am planning a last minute 11 nights vacation that starts in 2 weeks time. We are arriving in Frankfurt and departing from Amsterdam.

My plan is to stay in a base in Rhine/Mosel (cochem is my current choice as I read a number of recommendation on this forum) for 4 nights with a bike or cycling for day trips, and spend the last 5 nights in Amsterdam for museums, shopping and nightlife. We will travel by train therefore I am planning a maximum of 3 base.

I do want to see cologne cathedral, so should I spend 2 nights in cologne? Or is that time better spend elsewhere with just a day trip to cologne.

My husband loves German watches and nature photo taking while I like a bit of everything.

Is there any adventure water activities or nice town with watch museum/tour between this part of Germany to Amsterdam?

Would appreciate advise and suggestion on your preferences of towns to spend the 2 nights.

Thanks

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advise for 2 nights in between Mosel and Amsterdam

A vacation area popular among Germans for its outdoor activities lies southeast of Cologne and is called the Westerwald:

flyhahn.com/regions/westerwald-holiday-regio…

The Marienstatt Monks are beer brewers; sadly, I've never been there, but hope to someday.

www.abtei-marienstatt.de/start.php…

2. Re: Need advise for 2 nights in between Mosel and Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 02, 2014