We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Wine Fest this Weekend???

Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
224 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best Wine Fest this Weekend???

I would like to go to a wine fest an der Weinstrasse, but there are so many. Which one is the best for visitors? I know that some of the fests seem like private parties for the residents of those cities. Here is a list of wine fests for this weekend - any suggestions???

25.06. - 27.06. Merzalben: Village festival (Brunnengässelfest)

25.06. - 27.06. Lug: Village fest (Dorffest)

25.06. - 29.06. Niederkirchen bei Deidesheim: Wine festival (Fest um den Wein)

25.06. - 27.06. Bundenthal: Market days (Johannismarkt)

25.06. - 28.06. Göcklingen: Wine festival (Weinfest)

25.06. - 28.06. Bad Dürkheim: Wine festival at the roman winery (Weinfest an der Römerkelter)

26.06. - 27.06. Eußerthal: Village fest (Backfischfest)

26.06. - 27.06. Pirmasens-Fehrbach: Village fest (Dorffest)

26.06. - 27.06. Schopp: Village festival and farmers market (Dorffest und Bauernmarkt)

26.06. Schweigen-Rechtenbach: Johannisfeuer

26.06. -27.06. Kandel: Herbs and herbal oil market (Kräuter-Öl-Markt)

26.06. - 28.06. Kapsweyer: Church fair (Kirchweih)

26.06. - 27.06. Klingenmünster: Castle festival (Landeckfest)

26.06. Heltersberg: Summer festival (Sommerfest)

26.06. Waldfischbach-Burgalben: Summernight festival (Sommernachtsfest)

Mentioned in this post
Niederkirchen
Niederkirchen
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Deidesheim
Deidesheim
Pirmasens
Pirmasens
Markt
Markt
424 Reviews
Mainz, Germany
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Wine Fest this Weekend???

There are also many wine festivals in Baden-Wuerttemberg, and also several wine routes, and for 4.50 euros you can purchase from any bookstore Feste ferien Baden-Wuerttemberg 2010 to find the more than 5,500 special events in this German state, and it also lists other large special events in nearby areas such as September"s Sausage Market in Bad Duerckheim, the world's largest wine festival.

Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
224 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Wine Fest this Weekend???

I actually live in the area and am quite aware of the larger fests that are offered. I am looking for suggestions for this weekend because some of the fests are smaller and moreso for locals (e.g. from the town where the winefest is being held = private gatherings) and not for those of us from Mannheim, Heidelberg, etc.

I would like to go to a fest similar to the Gimeldingen fest, but not like the Edenkoben fest.

Mentioned in this post
Mannheim
Mannheim
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Heidelberg
Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Edenkoben
Edenkoben
3. Re: Best Wine Fest this Weekend???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, December 22, 2010