We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

Belfast
2 posts
Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

I'm going to be travelling to Dusseldorf Weeze airport from London in a few weeks, I need to get to Oberhausen, particularly the Konig Arena...could anyone suggest the best way of getting to Oberhausen?

Also, for travelling back to the airport to return home, I need to be at the airport by 6am or so, will the bus/train get me back for this time?

Thanks

Germany
Level Contributor
41,664 posts
1. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

shuttle bus

airport-weeze.de/2-3-8_bus_oberhausen.php…

public transport

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Neue Mitte, Oberhausen

and select as means of transport "only local transport".

The station/stop "Neue Mitte" is in front of the König-Pilsner-Arena. Buy a NRW-fare ticket for EUR 14,80 (Weeze - Oberhausen) online through the DB timeteable. This is a zone-to-zone (Weeze to Oberhausen) local public transport ticket. It covers the whole trip from the airport to the König-Pilsner-Arena. It covers also the the route via Kevelaer (where the DB timetable shows only a "partial fare"). Important is only the date you buy the ticket for. The connection you select at the DB timetable plays no role.

> need to be at the airport by 6am or so, will the bus/train get me back for this time?

No. You'll have to stay overnight closer to the airport, i.e. in Kevelaer or Weeze.

Edited: 5:51 pm, October 25, 2010
Germany
Level Contributor
41,664 posts
2. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

> Dusseldorf Weeze airport

Weeze Airport aka Niederrhein Airport (NRN) is 85 km north-west of Düsseldorf. Oberhausen is 35 km north of Düsseldorf.

Edited: 6:17 pm, October 25, 2010
Belfast
2 posts
3. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

Thanks for the reply.

I won't be finished working till late on Saturday night so staying closer to the airport isn't really an option unfortunately. Do you know roughly how much a taxi would cost?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,442 posts
129 reviews
134 helpful votes
4. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

It´s about 70 km. Perhaps you should rent a car?

Germany
Level Contributor
41,664 posts
5. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

A rough estimate is to multiply the distance with EUR 1,50 per km.

This trip is beyond the area where the Oberhausen taxi tariff is binding. You can negotiate freely on a price. You may want to do this in advance. If you do this at the morning of departure at the taxi booth it is too obvious that you need this service now. Which is not the best pre-condition for price negotiations.

6. Re: Dusseldorf - Oberhausen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 28, 2011