My girlfriend and I are thinking of going somewhere for New Year's Eve. I've narrowed it down to Dusseldorf and Copenhagen.
Copenhagen sound good but seems a bit on the expensive side.
So here are a few questions so I can make up my mind. We are in our early 30,s so are not looking for party-party-party, but we do want to hit the bars.
1. Will we have to fight our way to the bar all the time?
2. Will it be booking only for bars and restaurants?
3. Any good hotel recomendations for about 100 euro per night? We would ideally like one near to the central sights.
4. How much for a beer?
5. How far is the airport from the centre? And how much will it be by taxi?
6. In the UK, New Year's Eve is a major thing. People are packed like sardines into every pub. There also might be vomiting and fighting! Is Dusseldorf more cultured than all of this?
Thanks in advance,