We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Hi im coming to dusseldorf from 8-20.3 and I have there a place to stay but ill be alone. Its my first time in Germany and I would love to see as much as posibul. Museums, castles and historical places. Do some one can tip me for the best way to get around. Or a place to meet ppl to trevel with

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Do you just want suggestions for Dusseldorf or do you plan some trips to other destinations too?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Do you mean perhaps "Köln" instead of Klein?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Hi jane,

You are coming at a wonderful time of year. Dusseldorf is a great city, safe, with so much to see. I wll let someone else tell you about Koln!

First, go to the tourist office and buy a tourist card. It will allow access to many places,discounts, and fee transportation. Google Dusseldorf tourismus and you can find all the information. Do not be afraid to take public transportation, we all do and the system is easy.

Everyone speaks English.....no problems.

Not to miss-walk around the Old Town or Altstadt. Do this during day and night. Go to some of the brewpubs, grab lunch or dinner, especially do not miss Uerige!

Go to the ships museum and say you just want to go to the cafe. Have a latte machiato, enjoy the Rhine views. Go to Oberkassel either walking across the bridge or take a tram. Walk the Rhine. Go to Zicke for breakfast or lunch.

ZB

Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

The most importent is that u understand me.... and yes tnx :-)

Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

And for the first question I would love to see more places. I didnt started to plane the trip. So before I would love for some tips. Especially to see nighter and history and unique places. And ideas how the best way to go bus air car ( by myself). Thank you :-)

Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

ZB thank you very much. Its sounds like a beautiful begining

Edited: 3:29 am, February 28, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Look at www.duesseldorf.de and then go to welcome and pick English page. This is good for museums and culture. 26 museums in Dusseldorf.

Be sure and take a tram to Kaiserswerth and the castle ruins.

However, please go to the tourist office, especially in Old Town, Markt Stasse corner Rhein Strasse, open Monday through Sunday, 10 to 6.

Walk down Koenigsallee which is compared by some folks to Fifth Avenue in New York.

Try eating dinner at Destille. It is a philosophical restaurant, very cheap, a lot of fun.

There is a Jewish community in Dusseldorf. Www.jgd.de. It is in German but you could write to them in English. Email info@ jgd.de.

ZB

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

The history of Duesseldorf, go to Stadt Museum! It is really good for history. There you can see how Dusseldorf was bombed to the ground during the Second World War. You can also see early history, history during the Kaiser's, etc.

Mostly what I would like to say is Dusseldorf is a very cosmopolitan town, friendly to foreigners, especially Israelis, so relax, talk to folks, drink a few beers, Alt, with them, be relaxed, ask questions, and you will make friends.

Go to Zons, ask at the tourist office.

ZB

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

You have got a lot of useful and convenient suggestions for Dusseldorf and I´m sure that you will enjoy your time there.

If you intend to visit Cologne too I would suggest to come to the Cologne forum for some tips and recommendations. It´s not far from Dusseldorf and IMO always worth a visit

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187371-i534-Col…

patara01

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tips for a vacation at dusseldorf and Klein

Also a very good start and preparation is the Duesseldorf Wikitravel website. Already read this one?

http://wikitravel.org/en/D%C3%BCsseldorf