We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki
4 posts
Save Topic
Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Hi!

I'm arriving at Weeze at 23:30 and the last bus to Dusseldorf is at 23:45!Does anyone know if it's possible to catch the bus ?? If it's not please tell what other options do I have and how much do they cost?? Thank you in advance!!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,925 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

That's a bus departure coordinated with the flight arrival time.

Thessaloniki
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Thanks for answering! I'm asking because it's only a quarter and we have to wait for our baggages, and I don' t know how far is the bus station!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,925 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

www.schillinggruppe.de/fahrenglwekowi13.html

Weeze is a really compact airport and used mainly by Ryanair only.

I've no personal experiences with this airport, but so far not seen on the forums any reports that catching these buses within 15 minutes is not possible or problematic.

Thessaloniki
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Thanks a lot you are very helpful!

Almeria, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Hello,

Could you (or anyone with the same experience) please let me know if it was possible for you to catch the bus? I have the same problem, because I'm suppose to land at 23.30 and the last bus is at 23.45!!!

Thanks a lot

Almeria, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Hello,

Could you (or anyone with the same experience) please let me know if it was possible for you to catch the bus? I have the same problem, because I'm suppose to land at 23.30 and the last bus is at 23.45!!!

Thanks a lot

Thessaloniki
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Hello! Unfortunately we didn' t manage to catch the bus , so we paid 140 euros for a taxi!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,914 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

And that´s why we always advise people to check before booking (!) if the flight to Weeze will really be a bargain or if it would be better to fly to Dusseldorf International Airport. You have to factor the costs for the shuttle service and at night this might be a cab, in the worsest case.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
609 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

It is important that folks that fly to an airport know where it is they are flying to!

ZB

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weeze airport to Dusseldorf

Having used Dussledorf Weeze for a number of times now, with Ryanair (cheap) flights from various UK airports

here is my little report, for what its worth

Dussledorf Weeze is only a very small airport, once you get off the plane, you can be outside (looking for shuttle buses etc) within 5-10 minutes, that is assuming you don't have to collect any luggage

I've flown into Dussledorf Weeze now for the past 5 years whilst heading to Monchengladbach for a football weekend

the very first year we came, our flight was due in just after the last train had left the local town of Kevelaer or Weeze, however by an amazing stroke of luck we arrived about 45 minutes early, which enabled us to catch the shuttle bus and make the last train

we had made plans to catch one of the shuttle buses to a different town then catch a train onwards, however the early arrival was a blessing

since the first visit, every other flight has arrived either mid morning or mid afternoon, therefore we had plenty of time to catch the shuttle buses to the local towns for onwards train travel

another point to note, every time we arrived there always seemed to be a shuttle bus to catch, I assume these where timed to coincide with the arrival of the planes etc

now as for getting back to Dussledorf Weeze airport, now we've had 1 or 2 near misses with cancelled or delayed trains getting from Monchengladbach to the the airport, but thanking we always made the flight, although on one occasion it was with seconds, and I mean seconds to spare

as others have said, so long as you do your homework first (which I'd like to think I did) everything should be fine

for the record and due to Ryanair not flying to Dussledorf Weeze from any airports near the north of England, we are actually flying to Dussledorf international airport (via Fly Be) later this year for our annual trip to Monchengldbach

bit of a difference in price as well from £24 return last year (Leeds/Braford to Dussledorf Weeze) to £91*** (Manchester to Dussledorf Int)

reduced from £120 in Christmas sale as well