We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday, 24 November commemorating the dead

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday, 24 November commemorating the dead

Myself and my husband are coming to Dusseldorf for the Christmas markets, at the end of November. I understand that the markets will be shut on Sunday 24 November for the commemorating of the dead? Will all restaurants, bars etc also be shut for the day. Been to Dusseldorf many times and really love the place, but never been for the markets before, sure we will find something to do, such a friendly place with friendly people, but thought it best to ask in case we have to sort out food & drink in advance for the day. thank you.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunday, 24 November commemorating the dead

Since some years some Christmas Markets open BEFORE Commemorating the dead, but on this day the markets have to be closed. The days before they will be open.

Edited: 5:39 am, August 01, 2013
12. Re: Sunday, 24 November commemorating the dead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014