We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
207 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

Hi!

I and my 7 y.o. son coming to NRW for a week in the end of May / beginning of June.

The plan for the trip as is:

1st day (Thursday). Arrival to Dusseldorf Airport (DUS), transfer to Oberhausen. Visitting Sea Life Oberhausen.

2 (Friday) Legoland Discovery Center Oberhausen

3 (Saturday) Has no plan yet. Maybe trip to Venlo, NL

4 (Sunday) Transfer to Bruhl in the evening. Maybe looking at the Augustburg Schloss in Bruhl. Staying in Matamba hotel.

5 (Monday) Phantasialand in Bruhl. Transfer to Cologne in the evening.

6 (Tuesday) Cologne

7 (Wednesday) Dusseldorf

8 (Thursady) Departure from Dusseldorf Airport

Well, I still have 2 days open, currently Saturday and Sunday. Any proposals what can we do? Should we have some day trip out to somewhere between/around Oberhausen/Dusseldorf/Cologne? Any cosy medieval town with a castle? Easy access by railway is preferable.

- Do you think 2-3 hours in Sea Life Oberhausen will be enough even after Adventurev park will be open?

- We will probably will not go to Movieland.

- Will Odysseum in Cologne be interesting for kid (we don't speak German)?

I appreciate any advise.

Many thanks!

Vladimir

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

Bonn is a city I would skip with your itinerary. Aside from the University and the Beethoven house, it does not have the same color as Koeln or Duesseldorf. You may want to post some of these questions on local forums.

ZB

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

I wouldn't recommend going to Bonn, I don't like it much. Sorry people from Bonn xD

Considering the food, you should always find little shops, restaurants or stands to find something, I wouldn't worry about it too much =)

It's a great plan!

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
207 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

Thanks to everybody!

14. Re: 7 days in NRW. Please help trip planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 31, 2014