We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Topic
Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

I am considering buying a ticket on Air Berlin that would involve a long 8 hour layover in Dusseldorf. I know that the Hugo Junkers Lounge in Terminal B allows me to buy a day pass. But I think I'll arrive at Terminal C. In checking on the Junkers Lounge, it seems to indicate that I need to pass through Security control to get to this lounge. Will I be able to get into Terminal B if I arrive in Terminal C? Can I get directly from one terminal to the other without going through security again? (I would guess that I can't get through the Terminal B security unless I am ticketed on a flight that departs from that terminal...right??)

I think that the Open SKy Lounge is in the same terminal as Air Berlin, but it doesn't seem to have as many amenities as the Junkers Lounge.

Any help would be most appreciated!! thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

You need a boarding pass for a flight departing at Terminal B to pass the security. Otherwise you'll not have access. There should ab a AB lounge in Terminal C as well - but not with entrance for a fee.

Don't expect so much of the Hugo Junkers Lounge - it's below average.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Dusseldorf is a boring airport including the lounges.

if you have a visa or no need for a visa, I would consider a trip into town.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

I really enjoyed the Lufthansa Senator Lounge as well as the Emirates Lounges in Duesseldorf ;)

Moreover, Wouldn't say that it is a boring airport - but it depends on the expecations. You can shop quite good in the non-gate areas (walkway from Terminal A to C), rest at two viewing terraces etc. I really enjoy DUS much more than connecting at LHR, CDG or FRA.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Agree Andie008, it depends on your expectation, I fully agree. DUS at least is small, no long ways.

I did exclude the LH SEN and Emirates Lounges as TO will not get access, even though I do not think they are the best of their kinds. 8h is a long time.

I am happy you like the airport, for me it is ranking far behind FRA also coz of parking and transportation options. I also prefer LHR for shopping, but it highly depends on what you are looking for. LHR would be a great choice for me for an 8h layover, because I would be in the city within 30-60minutes and could do the shopping there. CDG also very, very, very low in my personal ranking.

5. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 am, January 20, 2013
6. Re: Dusseldorf Airport getting from Terminal C to Terminal B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 04, 2014