We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Hello

Recently booked for 10 of us to stay at Hotel Berial (I hope it isn't pronounced Burial!) weekend of the 8/3/2013. It looks like a good value choice fairly close to the old town, walking distance.

I was just wondering if the bier bike was ever allowed to start up again?

If there are any local (beer) festivals around this time?

If there's a river cruise type thing where you can get a few beers?

As you'll get the impression most of our time there will be spent sampling the local beer and a bit of food thrown in around the old town. I'm just looking to see if there's also a change of scenery to do it in?

Thank you

Terry

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

With 28 I'd definitely look at a private hire booze cuise down to the Rhine, Cologne and back. Even at 1000 euros that's only 35 euros each. (Don't know how acheivable this would be mind!)

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

I know it's boozing again but this seemed like a good deal at the what will be our local, to where we're staying. PARTYGAG!

http://www.hirschchen.com/aktionen.php

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,696 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

I think drinking Alt in Zum Schluessel is more fun. And you can have delicious Haxen

For stag nightlife, see here:

www.oberbayern-duesseldorf.de/index.php…

Edited: 4:24 am, February 13, 2013
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Hi Terry,

I just came across this post while looking for things to do in Dusseldorf and me and a mate are over on the same weekend for my birthday actually.

I'm a Sunderland fan and my mate is a Middlesbrough fan so there is no danger of either of our teams being on tv ha! In light of this we decided to get tickets for Monchengladbach Vs Bremen on the Saturday evening (March 9th). Monchengladbach is only 35 mine by train so it is quite easy to get to and stuff. Might be worth checking out, although we did get our tickets a while ago and matches do sell out fast (you also need to be a member to but online, which I did over the internet)

Other than this we've identified a Rhein tour to go on and a few places we want to eat but other than that we will probably be on the beer for the vast part of the weekend to be honest.

I was in Cologne last year in March and it was roasting so I'm hoping for the same, there is more to do in Cologne by day and stuff but our main priority was beer and football so we decided on Dusseldorf for accesibility.

If I see you about I'll shout you a beer!

Graeme

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Nice one Graeme, I would think you'll be able to spot us on the Sunday. My nephew who's getting married will be in something very pink I'm thinking. No doubt I'll be in something equally horrific as best man, if my brother has anything to do with it!

Did look at the football but there's an equal split in the group of football big ale'rs and just big ale'rs so knocked that on the head. Like I say Bayern Munich v Fortuna that weekend so I expect it will be on the box in the Aldstadt.

Hope to see you there.

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Now been announced Oldham or Everton v Wigan live on ITV at 12.45 on Saty March 9th.

Any ideas on where this might be shown?#

Cheers

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

http://www.mclaughlins.de/ irish bar in Aldstad has big screens and shows premiership footy.

Wigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Just getting round to update this.

Had a superb time. Bit quiet on the Friday daytime but from then on it took off and we had a blast.

You'll have no trouble if you like drinking, time flies by until it's time for a pork butty or 3 at hometime (be aware there is only one place to get a pork butty from in Dusseldorf, I think the guy is a Slovak)

Recommend O'Reillys for any sporting requirements on TV. We had a great time watching the FACup game in there (seems 2 mins since and we're at Wembley for the final tomorrow)

I can imagine there's plenty more possiblities of drinking on the river, cruising on the boats and around the harbour/marina area when the weather is warm and sunny.

I definitely recommend Hotel Berial for location, cost, value, breakfast. 85E for 2 nights pp is superb. Only 20E from the airport in a cab is worth it if your cab is full, rather than the airport train/tram as well.

Oh and if some of your party likes other types of entertainment, Dolce Vita was well worth a visit (so I'm told))

All the taxi drivers know it and 35E will see you well fed and watered before you even get to see what the place has to offer.

Graeme sorry I missed you, some of the lads said they'd had a chat. Hope you had a good un.

Cheers

Tez

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Hi just quick one to see how you got on as a group going around getting into places? General friendly place is what I can gather from consensus. Beer about same price as this country? Also we were planning on gettin the train to the city from the airport as they're so many of us! Thanks

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Dusseldorf March 2013 Bier Bike and other things

Hi just quick one to see how you got on as a group going around getting into places? General friendly place is what I can gather from consensus. Beer about same price as this country? Also we were planning on gettin the train to the city from the airport as they're so many of us! Thanks