We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

In June my dad and I went to Düsseldorf for a day. We parked the car in an underground parking lot at Carlsplatz, which is in Carlstadt and south of the old town (Altstadt).

On Carlsplatz itself you can find Düsseldorf’s largest vegetable and fruit market. There are also stalls with different international goods and a wide range of deliciously looking bread. From there on you can easily access the pedestrian shopping streets (f.e. Mittelstraße) and head to the of the old town, but we first went to the Köningsallee. Here you’ll find some big chains like H&M, but also more exclusive (and more expensive) shops.

The Köningsallee is pretty busy. We liked the old part of town better and spent most of our day wandering through the little streets.

A definit ‘to do’ is the Rhine promenade, which goes along side Carlstadt and the old town. The promenade is a pedestrian area where you can walk, have a drink at one of the outdoor bars or just relax on the grass by the riverside. If you like, you can even take one of the boat trips starting near the Burgplatz.

For the foodies: you should definitely go to the gummy bear store Bärenland and the chocolate and more shop and bar Gut & Gerne.

Curious why? Or do you just want to know more about my day trip to Düsseldorf? You can read all about it on my blog (wonderfulwanderings.com/a-day-in-dusseldorf-…)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Great! Thanks for providing this great trip report!

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

You're very welcome:)

3. Re: Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 15, 2013