We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
6 posts
Save Topic
buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Hi,

I have a one-way ticket to Dusseldorf as I plan to buy a used car to bring me back home. I have done my homework at mobile.de and autoscout24.de but I could not find the model I want. Actually there was one in that area but he just won't pick up the phone!

So, is there a better chance if I go to the market on the spot? Give me some hints, which way to go (and with what transportation) from the airport to hit the biggest used-car-and-vans-platzes? I still need some wheels to get me home!

I'll land in Friday afternoon, so I'm on a hurry too! I prefer to make arrangements ahead, not wander around on the spot.

Thanks!

Mari

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Used cars are typically sold via ad or via a licensed shop. There are no big markets like you seem to assume. It does not make sense to go into the blue.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Each Saturday there is a big market in Essen, close to the drive-in cinema. In former times it was a terminal for all kind of cars and owners, if you know what I mean.

But nowadays it´s under control of the police. And there are many people from Russia, Poland and other countries who try to get a bargain there. The advantage of the current controls is, that scams have diminished.

www.automaerkte-deutschland.de/Essen.html

autokinos-deutschland.de/programm/automaerkt…

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

BTW, you can go there by train, S Bahn and/or bus, it´s called "Bergeborbeck". Either via Essen Hbf or Duisburg/ Oberhausen Hbf.

Edited: 8:13 am, May 17, 2012
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Any specification Brand? Then, I surely can help you.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

He is probably already on the way back home:-). Or did he talked about any upcoming Friday?

Edited: 7:44 am, May 20, 2012
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

Is Autokino in Dusseldorf still going on?

When do they open and close?

I was wondering if there would be a BMW X5 there?

Thanks

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

As far as I´m informed there is only an Autokino in Essen and perhaps Cologne.Please have a look at post N° 2.

8. Re: buyng a used car near dusseldorf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 29, 2013