We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

Glasgow
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

Hello,

Just a quick post wondering what everyones favourtie Restaurants are in Dusseldorf. I have booked the Victorian for one night of my stay so i shall let you all know how i get on when i return! I am a food writer part time and i love to hear about everyones experience. Thinking of going to Tante Anna aswell, but i heard the restaurants in the Altstdat were over pirced and not very good. Is this true?? Where else should i eat for some great food. Any ideas? I LOVE eating out!! Yum Yum. Love K xxxx

Germany
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

I agree Tante Anna is expensive , but I never heard it is not good.

The are many restaurants in the Altstadt and the prices are not high there .

Here are typical restaurants in the Altstadt

- En de Canon Zollstraße 7

- Füchschen : www.fuechschen.de/htmlGB/start-frames-61.html

- http://www.brauerei-zum-schiffchen.de

(South of Altstadt)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

IM thinking of booking Riva for Saturday night, it was a choice between this and Roberts Bistro. Anyone been to both?? I shall tell you all what i think when i return also!! Thanks xxx

London
Level Contributor
90 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

Both Roberts Bistro and Riva are good - although for different reasons.

From a pure food perspective I prefer Robs. Food is the top priority, with the decor stylish but rustic - the place is always full, but in my opinion is too cramped and due to the excessive demand there is a slight air of being rushed. That said the food is excellent and Robs is consistently one of Duss' top rated places.

Riva on the other hand is a different beast - it is without doubt primarily a place to be seen. Dusseldorf has a reputation amongst other German cities of being a bit showy and a bit snobby - Riva it that reputation incarnated. However it has three things going for it in my opinion - 1) the menu is more modern and experimental (most dishes are well executed too), 2) it has a reasonably large outdoor seating area which is very nice in the summer, 3) it is well polished and well styled inside.

All in all it depends what you want - from a pure food perspective I would go to Rob's Bistro but the standard of food in Duss restaurants is generally very high and reasonably priced (although the strength of the Euro has massively impacted this). Personally if I was in Duss for a short period of time I would not go to Riva; there are much better places to go.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

Looked at Roberts Bistro website and the HUGE menu is outing me off. All that cannot be cooked fresh! Im a restaurant critic here in Glasgow so im looking for something really excellent to try. Perhaps BUG would be better if you do not think Riva is up to much. Want to eat at the harbour area onwe night of my 5 day trip so really want to try the best restaurant in that area!. Thanks All!!

xxxxx

Glasgow
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

Off tomorrow, im soooo excited!!! Hope the weather is good. I shall let you know all the places i eat and drink and what i think, although i still have no idea apart from Victorian where i shall be eating!!!

6. Re: Restaurants, Restaurants and more Restaurants!!! xx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 01, 2009