We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
4 posts
Save Topic
Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

Can anyone tell me if there is a direct train from Amsterdam to Rheine Germany and how long the trip is

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

There is a train from Amsterdam to Cologne. Not sure if you mean the Rhineland.

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

Hi,

Yes there is a direct train from Amsterdam to Rheine in Germany. I checked it on website of the German Railways: www.db.de This website is also in English. With the direct train it will take you 2.46 hours.

From Dusseldorf to Rheine you will have to change trains. The shortest connection I could find on this website was 2.03 hours.

Tony

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

I have driven from the Amsterdam airport to Rheine Germany. It is about a 2-3 hour drive. My husband has taken the train. I believe the train goes right to Amsterdam

Schiphol Airport (I do not remember if you need to transfer or not). The closest airport to Rheine is Muenster (FMO) it is about a 20 minute drive. You can fly internationally to Frankfurt and transfer to Muenster on Lufthansa. He actually just returned today on a unbelievable fare of $380 including all taxes- roundtrip from Boston to Muenster.

4. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Rheine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 19, 2009