We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
84 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Has anyone tried this non-stop flight? My daughter and I will be taking it home on November 10th. I was wondering if there are screens on every seat. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

I take this flight several times a year - there are no individual screens in coach.

To make up for this inconvenience, Delta has been serving Pizza and Häagen-Dazs ice cream for quite some time now. Well, okay, I don't know if they do this to make up for the lack of screens but it's a nice touch at any rate. I'm hoping that they stick with it...I quite like it!

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
84 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Bummer! Do they at least play a movie or two to help kill the time?

Thanks for your response!

3. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:53 am, October 24, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Yup - two movies and a few shows on the side.

5. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:54 am, October 24, 2007
6. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Removed on: 9:54 am, October 24, 2007
Lompoc, California
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

That aircraft is, according to the Delta website, a 767-300ER. Normally, it has personal screens in business/first only, and a drop down main screen at the front of coach with drop down monitors every 6 or 8 rows or so in economy. There will surely be movies in order to keep the crowds sedated. If you have any questions onfuture flights, you can usually get this info at seatguru.com. If you go to that site, select an airline and the type of aircraft, you get a seatmap with a number of icons at the top of the page. Click on the TV icon and it will give you details on the entertainment system for that type of aircraft as configured for that airline.

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
84 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Panem.. in your experience, how long is the immigration queue at Atlanta once you land? Im trying to get a mental idea and get prepared for my flight home on Saturday.. thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

I trust you received my pm?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta's non-stop Dusseldorf-Atlanta flight?

Atlanta customs is a nightmare -- it will take you 1-1/2 to 2 hours. The agents are decent enough, it's just the slowest customs arrival I know of.

I've never understood how it is they always manage to be severely shortstaffed just as the transatlantic flights all arrive at once -- it's not like those flights snuck in unannounced!