We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice needed for 3 adults near the Christmas markets

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice needed for 3 adults near the Christmas markets

My sisters and I are looking for accommodation near the Christmas markets and old town for the weekend of the 15th-16th of December. I've been looking at the Batavia Hotel and Excelsior Hotel. Any ideas on which one would be better to stay at?

We want to be close to the shopping areas and the Christmas markets if possible. We also need a triple room which seems to difficult to find. Any other advice on where else we could stay for a reasonable price would be much appreciated.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice needed for 3 adults near the Christmas markets

I did not stay at the hotels - but they are close to the markets. If you do not find any information here try booking.com

In fact, you can choose most of the hotels in Dusseldorf beacuase it is not such a large city. Public transport is widly available.

Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice needed for 3 adults near the Christmas markets

Have you considered staying in Cologne by the train station? Then you can see both Dusseldorf and Cologne Christmas markets. Cologne is a more exciting city, but you can be in Dusseldorf in 1/2 hour. Also, there are more hotel rooms in Cologne and prices vary according to demand.

3. Re: Hotel advice needed for 3 adults near the Christmas markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 11, 2009