We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

Hi,

My husband and I are beginning our honeymoon in Dusseldorf but we only have one full day....and then we leave that evening for Paris. My question is, we arrive at the airport around 7:45 am and we depart for Paris at 5:45 pm. My questions are this:

1. We are probably going to store our luggage in lockers and tour the Altstadt (is that the best thing to do with so little time)?

2.Can anyone recommend a great breakfast restaurant for some weary travelers?

3. What is the best way to get to the Alstadt? Taxi or train, if by train, which one do we take, etc. Is there much of a price difference between a cab and the train? We are looking for the easiest way to get there, as long as it's not super expensive!

4. Any other advice would be very helpful! Thanks!

Molly & Kevin

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

Do include a visit of the Rheintower and a stroll thru Media Harbor in your program. Very much worthwhile...

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

The S-Bahn S7 runs directly from the terminal building's basement to the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). From there you can either walk to the Altstadt or 2-3 stops by Stadtbahn (tram).

Single ticket is EUR 2,10. Mini group day ticket is EUR 10,60. If you want to go e.g. to the Rhinetower I would recommend the mini group ticket.

These tickets cover all means of local public transport:

- regional trains (RB, RE)

- S-Bahn

- Stadtbahn (tram)

- buses

For ideas see also

www.duesseldorf-tourismus.de/default_en.php

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

Thank you all so much!

4. Re: One day in Dusseldorf- need to know how to get around-help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 06, 2009