We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Which Dortmund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Me and 7 pals are travelling to Dusseldorf for my stag party and staying 2nights from 4th-6th April, we are hoping to get tickets for the Dortmund game against Wolfsburg and wondering what is the best and cheapest way to get to the ground on match day

Also what else you would recommend for us to do on the other 2 vacant days

Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Best bet is to get the train from Dusseldorf to Dortmund which is about 45 mins.From Dortmund station get the U45 underground line to Westfalenstadion the old name for the stadium which is now called Signal Iduna Park

Only takes about 15 minutes.If you get your match ticket in advance of the game your transport would be free

as you can use your match ticket as your train/underground ticket.

Cologne is a good place to go on your free day it only takes 20 mins on the train from Dusseldorf - plenty of good bars,places to eat.If you get a sunny day you could go on a boat trip down the Rhine.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

That's great thanks, this maybe daft question but how much would a mini bus be?

Also is both the train and underground free?

What you think the chances of getting tickets would be and are we better waiting until on sale by club or get on viagoo and seatwave etc paying over the odds??

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Not sure about a minibus but I'm sure your hotel may be able to help in you wanted to hire one.

Provided you get your match ticket before the game when you travel to the stadium you could use this as your transport ticket too so yes the train/U -bahn (underground) would be free.

Im my experience I couldn't get a ticket via the website as it had sold out quickly.I bought my ticket via seat wave which I paid extra for but the experience to watch a Borussia Dortmund game was worth it.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

That's great thanks

Did you get your ticket before then so could be used for train when bought on seat wave and where do you reccomend sitting/standing

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Yes you would need to get your ticket first to show it when using the trains to get the benefit of the free transport.

I sat in the Nordtribune behind the goal opposite the Sudtribune - which is the biggest kop in Europe and holds 25,000 !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

We are goin march 14/17 there are ten of us we got most of our tickets from ebay our gsme is moenchengladbach and is rated at 20percent premium to game you are going to I got my tickets sent to hotel will let u know how we get on at game

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

We are goin march 14/17 there are ten of us we got most of our tickets from ebay our gsme is moenchengladbach and is rated at 20percent premium to game you are going to I got my tickets sent to hotel will let u know how we get on at game

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

In case you can't get tickets: Wolfsburg has not enough fans to fill the away sector, I guess. Thus there is a small chance to get tickets there. But I didn't check whether away tickets can only be bought in Wolfsburg or also at match in Dortmund.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Does anyone know when the game date for Dortmund v Wolfsburg will be finalised, according to the bundesliga site, the exact matchday has not yet been scheduled.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag Party-Football BVB Versus Dortmund

Hi

Can anybody tell me if still tickets available for this game from bvb direct as I'm no good with German but looks like it's showing as sold out?

I am wanting. 8 tickets for game don't have to all be together as long as in pairs or more

Regards