We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip -Must Sees?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
531 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip -Must Sees?

Hi Experts

Planning a day trip to Cologne during my week long stay inBrussels. Arriving at 9 AM and returning to Brussels by 6.30 PM.

What are the Must Sees /Must Dos - of course I know about the Dom Cathedral ! What are the other sights?

Thanks for any inputs !

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,098 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip -Must Sees?

It all depends what you like.

The usual suggestions are exploring the old town, visiting one of the museums in Cologne (would highly recommend the Roman Germanic Museum opposite of the Dom), visit one of the many churches in Cologne, taking the cable car across the river, and walk back towards the Rail bridge Hohenzoller Bruecke (via the Rheinpark), and then cross the river again via the rail bridge.

I would definately recommend to go to one of the brewery houses for lunch to try the local food and the local beer). In the Old Town I usually suggest the Malzmuehle or Paeffgen (Brauhaus in der Salzgasse). But if you just want a drink, you could also head to the Frueh brewery house opposite of the Roncalli Platz (aka the square next to the Dom and the museum).

These are just a few suggestion, and you wouldnt be able to fit everything into one day (unless you only spend an hour at the Dom and the museum)

2. Re: Day Trip -Must Sees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 07, 2015