We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Cologne and Bruhl Germany

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Transport between Cologne and Bruhl Germany

I will be travelling to Cologne Germany and attending a trade fair. One evening I will be meeting a client in Bruhl. I am assuming that the best mode of transportation will be by train. I assume I will board a train by station near the cathedral. I am not familiar with the train station and which line to utilize...any suggestions... Thank you much

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport between Cologne and Bruhl Germany

Take tram 18 from any of the central stops towards Bonn. There are three stops in Brühl so do check which is the right one.

Map: kvb-koeln.de/german/fahrplan/linienplan.html…

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport between Cologne and Bruhl Germany

You can travel either by regional train to Brühl train station or by Stadtbahn (a mixture of metro and tram) #18 to the town center (several stops in Brühl).

vrsinfo.de/fileadmin/Dateien/downloadcenter/…

You can travel by regional trains directly from the trade fair (Köln Messe/Deutz) to Brühl.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Köln Messe/Deutz

Start: Köln Hbf (the main train station next to the cathedral)

Destination: Brühl

If you cannot type umlauts (ä, ö, ü) use ae, oe, ue instead. Thus Koeln and Bruehl. Just omitting the dots is not correct. You can give as destination of course also a Stadtbahn stop in Brühl like Brühl Mitte (center).

From Köln Messe/Deutz to Brühl you can travel on your trade fair admission ticket. For the return trip buy a single trip ticket (EUR 3,80 - VRS price level 2b).

vrsinfo.de/englisch/the-vrs/vrs-about-us.html

3. Re: Transport between Cologne and Bruhl Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 19, 2015